Almost a Movie Star! Horror Movie that is...

It's been hot as hell here lately. Literally; I am pretty sure the devil even came to visit us. Let me tell you why:
Zach and I returned from a fabulously cooling playdate with Martin at Deep Eddy springs to find our neighborhood had been selected for one of the rolling blackouts that hit Austin Monday. Cause it was hot as hell, and the Devil had his AC running too high. Anyway, I was getting Zach off to bed in our sweltering house. The sun was hanging low in the sky and the only noise was a neighbor's tribal drumming session with friends. I am contemplating all the ways that the power outage sucks: hot house, soon to be dark house, no radio, no tv, no telephone... which brings me to my movie star point. You know how cordless phones will work, but not dial out when the power is out because the base unit has no juice? That's the way ours was. Until I start hearing this beeping.... Eventually, I locate the phone that's beeping. The screen lights up, and very slowly the phone dials (ITSELF!!!) 6... 6... 6... YEAH, it dialed 666!!! No more, no less. Then the screen blanks out, and moments later, IT DOES THE SAME THING!!! It kept dialing the digits of the devil, and nothing I pressed on the phone could stop my possessed phone from completing it's mission.
All I could think was this was the end. Zach and I were stuck in a Twilight Zone episode where we were transported to the set of a cheesy horror flick, and we were the unfortunate stars. So we left the house til the power came back on and dad returned from an ill-timed trip out of town.
If anyone has any reasonable explanations about what happened with our phone that day, I would love to hear them. (Jesse's response was 'Well, you know they discovered several years ago that 666 was a mistranslation and the real numbers of the beast are 668.' My response? The average SERIAL killer doesn't know that!!!)
Anyway, we are safe, sound, and happy to put off stardom until the next power outage.


11 Comments:
Most definitely the work of a ghost, serial killer. Is that the holy grail that I see Zachary holding? I definitely would have left the house too. Freaky!
3:34 PM
Mental Note: Take visiting Z's house off the list of things to do.
7:41 PM
Good idea John. She was just trying to get me to set up a trip for this summer. RIGHT! I see that you got out the fine silver for Zach's last meal. Nice touch.
9:10 PM
Wow, that weather makes it sound like you are glad you left Bakersfield. Crazy Satan.
9:28 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
9:38 PM
Yikes...sorry to hear about your black-out. To give you a little sympathy...our block had no power from 9:30PM on Sunday night until almost noon on Monday. Granted, Boston wasn't sweltering in 100-degree Austin heat, but that also meant there was no good explanation for our darned blackout. Sucky electric companies!!!!
So...what is Zach eating from that silver cup, anyway?
See you soon! (And keep us posted on the creepy 666 explanation)!
7:52 AM
Oh man that is creepy. Sounds like a call to Ghostbusters is in order posthaste!
Jen
1:47 PM
First of all, Zach uses his good silver bowl and cup all he can, cause there is no sense waiting for a special occasion, is there?!
And second, he is eating spelt noodles with a pecan mushroon cream sauce, doused with a healthy baby-sized dollup of yogurt. This IS Austin, ya'll!
2:04 PM
I was wrong. It's 616. http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134
Jess
9:12 AM
Am I going blind, or am I really reading a man admitting that he is wrong? Seriously though, I would've booked it out of there too!
10:10 PM
Scary Movie 5: The search for 616. starring Meredith and Zachary Weiss
-Stovy
11:08 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home