Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Z's Pals
- Little CW from CA
- Matilda, Mighty Battle Baby
- Baby Austin, CA
- Nyla Rae
- MnM, aka Mini Minner
- Lady K.
- Wil Van Der V.
- Lil' A.
- Logan T.
- Teeny D.
- Gabby C.
- Cool Hand Luke
- Daddy's 'Stache Site
- Bubbie's Fainting Goats
- Aunt Hannah's Art
- Nana's Family Album




1 Comments:
Dear Mom and Dad,
Please copy and frame this picture for me. As the critical 4 month window approaches,I realize that if I were to remain in your bed, I will want to remain there for a long, long time. So I must prepare myself to leave.
I know this may be difficult for you, but I'm a brave boy. I am perfectly willing to forego the warm, snuggly comfort of Mom - not to mention the proximity to wonderful milk - to advance to the next developmental step - sleeping alone. Just hang the picture where my little eyes can focus on it - a reminder of happier, more innocent times.
You have made me a very nice bedroom. The bed is a manly mahogony with lots of toys for diversion, should I awake in the night. I'm sure the monkey on the mobile will be there to comfort me, just as you do now. Does the monkey have milk too? Is it warm?
My crib may be a little cold, but I'm a brave boy. I can take it. I might wake up in the night, confused by my new surroundings and cry a bit. But don't be alarmed. I might cry more than a bit. I might cry so much that you'll cry too. But let me be brave. Big boys have their own beds and you wouldn't want me in yours when I'm 7 or 8 - which the books all say will happen if I'm not allowed to sleep by myself at 4 months.
The transition will only last a couple of days or maybe a week or two. Certainly no longer than three. I can handle it. And I sincerely hope you can too.
Love, the not so wee Z
ps. As Bubbie and Granddad will be here next week, I suggest we postpone the move until after they leave.
10:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home