Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Gordon's Fish Boy


fish stix Posted by Hello

I took Zach to the Little Stacy pool this afternoon. (Big Stacy pool is for big people; Little Stacy is for little ones.) At it's deepest, it's about 2 feet deep. The pool is set just beneath an ancient oak tree, whose limbs nearly dip into the water in some places. Needless to say, lots of moms bring their babies to this below ground wading pool. And I can see why... there is just nothing better than bobbing around in a cool pool on a hot day, with your baby's chubbly little arms wrapped around your neck. Zach prefers to be held close to my body, where he can safely watch the other children play from a distance. Those children don't stay far for long though - more than one came over to share their toys with him, and to 'show' him how to play with his. It's just darling. He watchs them, fascinated, as they gleefully splash and shriek around him, all the while clutching me for warmth and security. This child has every piece of my heart; even the ones I didn't even know were there before.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Stovalls said...

Ahh. I'm teary eyed. I'm happy for you because I know how you feel and I'm sad because Aden's darn umbilical cord is still on and we can't swim . . . or even take a real bath. I guess he is just really attached to me and keeping his umbilical cord is how he shows it! :)

1:52 PM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

He is soooo cute! We cannot wait for our first swim with Wil.

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter