Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Red Flags and a Chilly Diaper

We awoke this morning to the sound of Zachary announcing his readiness to get up. Apparently, he was roused by a healthy bowel movement that had soaked the back of his pajamas. I was brought to a fully alert state, while changing his diaper, at the sight of 5 or 6 bright red clumps in his poo. Sirens went off in my head. I called Jesse to check it out. At my request, he bagged that baby up so I could haul it off to the inevitable dr visit.

As I waited for the 8 o'clock hour to arrive so I could call the dr's office, I read through all the possibilities... bowel obstruction, severe allergic reaction, etc. All appeared to be emergent circumstances, despite the fact that Zach seemed quite comfy. Finally, the hour arrived. I decided to call the nurse first, with diaper in hand so I could adequately describe the alien objects. "Jesse, where is the diaper?" "In the fridge." Touché - that's what I get for asking him to put shit in a Ziploc. While detailing the contents to the nurse, I realize midsentence what it is.

The "Congrats Grad" red paper napkin I'd let him drool on at Martin's house yesterday. It appears Zach is enjoying the addition of solids to his diet so much, he decided to include wood products. Since she was already on the phone, I had to tell the nurse what it was. At least this error won't warrant a CPS phone call, like the fork in the eye incident.

So congrats, Zach. You have graduated from the school of Tomfoolery.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's a good one. I'll have to remember to keep those red napkins away from our grabby Gabby! She's starting to reach for and grab everything in site!
She then, of course, proceeds to put it right in her mouth! That was a great warning for us! ;)

4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's trying to teach daddy about roughage and fiber - fighting the power, sticking it to the man and his all egg and avocado diet. mmnnn... eggs and avocados...

6:11 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

No pics? ;)

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter