Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I confess, it was a fork in your eye.

Dear WeeZ,

I know that someday you will read this. Someday, you will be scouring the pot, looking for dirt on your Mama. At this very moment I am feeling recklessly confessional, and so I am about to give you all the fodder you will ever need to fire at me. By the way, this is just between you and me.


so sick Posted by Hello

I have been feeling ill for over a week now, but somehow convinced myself it was allergies because you weren't sick. (How could I be sick, and not you?!) Eight days later, you were sneezing, had watery eyes and a hoarse voice. Your Mommy Dearest gave you a horrible cold.

This morning, I was cramming breakfast down my throat so I could take you to the pediatrician when you started to cry. I bent to pick you up with a fork still in my mouth and, of course, it slipped out. The handle (fortunately) plunked right on your eyelid (unfortunately - though still better than IN your eye). I fessed all to the pediatrician, though I planned on telling her a white lie that it was a spoon (that doesn't sound as bad and since it was the handle, it doesn't matter anyway). She said, "Awww - your baby will be fine; poor Mommy!" Made me feel SLIGHTLY better and less vulnerable to a CPS report. Til she returned to the room to ask what kind of KNIFE I dropped in your eye!!!!

In short, I gave you a cold because I am germy, gave you an ouchy cause I am careless and made you cry because I am cruel. (Oh - did I forget to add that I tried to 'Ferberize' you before I knew you were sick? Clearly, a baby getting a cold isn't going to learn to put themselves to sleep.)

WeeZ, I love you and I am so sorry that I am such a suckass mommy sometimes. I promise, I will try to be better every day that I am your Mommy and you are my son.

Mommy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you don't laugh like Dad does when I get hurt.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

If the worst thing that ever happens to WeeZ is the handle of a fork in the eye, he's going to lead an incredibly lucky life. His eye's intact, mommy... no harm, no foul. Besides, I've heard that a fork in they eye is good luck in some cultures.

4:27 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

Is this some kind of special "dark room therapy" to help the eyes recover? I can't see the wheezy WeeZ.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter