Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Communicating with Children

I have learned that talking to children is not like talking to adults. And talking to babies is less like talking to children than it is like talking to cats. With babies or cats, you start with reason, but if that fails, you must insist that your point be taken even if based on your inherent parental authority alone.

I have learned these things in my many weeks of parenting. And I pass them on to you, gratis, a small example of my benevolence. Below are illustrations. Brion and I explained that gravity was a law that none of us could afford to break - and it was like talking to a wall. The boy wouldn't give an inch. So we forced the point. "There will be no freefalling in this house!"


"reason" Posted by Hello


"insistence" Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter