Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Genetic Battleship


I-9=Mer's mouth Posted by Hello

We have been playing this game for months. The ultimate question when you have a child is: How many of MY genes did our offspring inherit? I suspect that this game continues for a lifetime, as there are infinite characteristics that each of us want to claim credit for. (For example, when he becomes a world leader, it will be due to my stellar social skills and Jesse's political prowess.) For the moment, we are limited to the division and allocation of physical features.

I-9 = HIT! It's Mer's mouth.
J-16 = MISS... it's Jesse's nose.
J-12 = MISS! It's Jesse's eyes.
J-13 through 16 - MISS! MISS! MISS!; definitely Jesse's brow.

Damn, Jesse sunk my battleship in quadrants 3 and 4 of WeeZ's face. Let's move on to WeeZ's toes, where I stand a chance...

To play more genetic battleship, click this link for photos of Jess and Mer as wee babes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I think the fact that your son is such a perfect little boy is a true testament to how perfect the two of you are together. :)

8:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"en contraire" I think if you look closely you will see that Z has the width between his eyes like Mer and that means as we all know that the intelligence gene is located the x chromosome- more room for brains. Good humour and personality are linked to the y (thankfully). - a pretty good combination I think :-D

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter