Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Outsmarted again.

I thought I was being crafty. Zach has been fighting to sit in our chairs at the table, and as of this morning even climbing on TOP of the table, so I thought I would make him feel like he was sitting in a big person chair. I took the tray off his high chair, and pushed him up to the table with me.

"Ingenius", I'm thinking!

"Lameeeeee...", Zach is thinking.




Couple hours later, I turn from the sink to look into the all-too-quiet dining area, and what do I find? Zach has managed to climb up and into his highchair!!! This is no small feat -- there is a wooden waist and crotch restraint system in place, for crying out loud! I do not now know he managed to drop himself in place, but he did.


So, I removed the wooden restraints, as it's much easier to mount the chair without them than with, and if he's gonna do it, I'd rather it require fewer gymnastics on his part.












Here he is climbing, and conquering, the mighty Svan.








4 Comments:

Blogger The Stovalls said...

I check in on Z and see the amazing things he is doing, like counting, and think that I can't wait for Aden to do that. Then I see him climbing the furniture and pray for time to slow down! I'm glad you and Z found a happy medium.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger New Orleans Work Team said...

Oh, Gee, he's getting much too big and too clever. I agree with the Stovalls - time needs to slow down.

3:37 AM

 
Blogger j.w.cohen said...

Z's quite the climber. Gabby climbs into and out of the car and carseat...but this weekend she ended up folded like scissors between the front armrest and her carseat. BONK on the head!!

9:38 AM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

Julie read my mind. The climbing can definitely wait!

2:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter