Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Return of the Blog

Mer and I have been very busy lately seeing to our respective constituencies. Which is to say, neglecting the blog. Especially me, the laziest man on the block. Here are three posts to try and heal the wounds.

This is what the boy does 50-70 times/day. Dah? Asah? That means read this. Again. Repeat ad infinitum. We don't even have to look at the words for most of his books, and can recite the text even if he flips the pages backward.



















This is what happens if you're a little slow reacting to Dah? Asah?.



















And the long-suffering Sophie, who apparently believes that attention is attention, no matter how painful. What a great lesson for us all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

He is way cute and smart too - I wonder where he gets that, must be some distant relatives, a recessive gene or something :) Anyway, Megan just wanted to say she enjoys your blog and is seriously considering your boy for marriage material. Don't get your hopes up - she has her eye on Wilken and Aden too! Once Rory can sit up, then she and Megan can really inspect the goods together. The Pink Ladies Rock!

3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really gets interesting when Zach has memorized the words and can force you to turn the pages at the right time.

Z Bubbie

5:01 PM

 
Blogger The Keenans said...

Rory really has her eye on the little brainiac WeeZ, although she's a little concerned about the "attention" he gives to the cat - she'll keep her Jellycats out of sight when WeeZ comes for a visit...

5:06 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

What are the jellycats?!?! They keep popping up on the blogs. Anyway, nice to see that WeeZ is getting a head start on law school. I'm sure Spot in the Garden is a precursor of Environmental Law and Property Rights 101.

10:39 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

I just googled the jellycats.
Very cute. I'm still trying to find a lovey for Aden. Do you think it's too late? He's rejected everything thus far.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger ZParents said...

Never too late!! I say go Jellycat, and see how he likes them... they are so soft and so cuddley, they are virtually irresistable.

10:08 AM

 
Blogger The Keenans said...

EXCEPT Jellycats aren't washable - and after seeing Dread Duck, do you want a Dread Cat?

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Erin & Arthur said...

I disagree - Jellycats ARE washable. Martin's dear Elizabeth is a Jellycat and she's been through the wash several times. She's also been through the dryer and hasn't grown dreads yet. She has requested time off for a trip to Jamaica, though, so things may change after that...

7:57 PM

 
Blogger The Keenans said...

I stand corrected...Jelly is going to try out a bath today :)

1:43 PM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

I still don't know what this Jelly Cat thing is. Rory, you need to show Wil as he is lagging big time in the lovey department...

3:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter