Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday Memories

Happy not-at-work season to all! Here is your long-awaited boy update:

To start the holidaze off right, WeeZ brought back some memories from my horrible, deprived youth.

Buckaroo Bonzai Posted by Picasa

He scored some sweet xmas duds from his Bubbie. Thankyou. Thankyouverymuchsogladyoucouldallmakeitoutthiseveningweather'salittleroughbuti'msogladyoucame.

Bubbie's Present: Andy Gibbs Memorial Lounge Onesy Posted by Picasa

During his time in CA, WeeZ was lucky enough to score a few minutes with the elusive W.VdV. They shot the sh*t, sucked on some toys. Good times. You should check out W.'s blog post (accessible through a link on the right) for his attempt to muscle in on WeeZ's historical photo re-creation racket.

We Some Toy Suckin' Dawgs Posted by Picasa

Mer thought it would help the boy appreciate the sacrifices evergreens make if he wore a bright red tree skirt. He was decidedly anti-coniferous. Weird how he's OK with some exploitation but not all. How like us. How like us.

But I'm not a tree! Posted by Picasa

Sweet, sweet and unadulterated joy. The kind you lose after you taste consumer credit. Sweet, sweet big screen.

Nekkid Xmas! Posted by Picasa

Papa and Nana have some orange trees in their backyard. WeeZ helped himself to some of their fruits.

Pestilence Posted by Picasa

Launch the rockets, Aunty Hannah! Destroy the infidels!

Computing with Aunty Hannah  Posted by Picasa

Here, the boy helps his Aunty Hannah stretch her toothpaste budget.

Dental Hygiene Posted by Picasa

After a tearful good-bye (on all sides), the boy and his mom mount up for their return to the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!! YEEE-HAAAAW!! (Sorry - it's a Dell keyboard.)

Xmas is finally over! Posted by Picasa

The following pics are from after WeeZ's return to Austin. Here, he dons some leather lederhosen -- the very same pair I wore some 32+ years ago. He's not digging the nostalgia.

But Daddy's 32-year-old leather lederhosen are bad!
 Posted by Picasa

But add 2 minutes, and:

On second thought, not so bad.
 Posted by Picasa

Finally, the boy recently expressed desires to travel in space. Being fabulously wealthy, and not so parentally inclined, we ceded to his wishes and fired him off into nobreathingville. It was one big step, for all of us.

Houston? We have a lint problem. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally. An update. I have been checking and checking as I have missed seeing the Wee Z so much. The pictures are great! I must come see you soon as you are getting so big Wee Z. Miss you and your sweet family. Hope to see you soon.
Carrie

5:30 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

I've been reading some memoirs lately -- A Million Little Pieces, Running With Scissors. I can't wait to read WeeZ's and hear his side of the story in regards to his childhood.

10:28 PM

 
Blogger John Todd said...

Love the lounge suit. Did you drive to Bako, How was that with Z?

1:36 PM

 
Blogger ZParents said...

ohmygosh, heck NO we didn't drive! We wouldn't even make it to West Texas before we had to turn around! Drove from Bako to Burbank - far enough.

3:51 PM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

Big Z-ster. I had a blast playing with you and sharing my mommy's old fashioned toys. Let's travel in space together when I come to Austin to visit you. Wil

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Brent Pardue said...

I can relate Z...I was a tree once. But I didn't have a nice truck cover like you...consider your self lucky.

5:46 PM

 
Blogger Brent Pardue said...

I meant trunk cover....

5:47 PM

 
Blogger The Keenans said...

Okay, I thought it was a joke, but did WeeZ really blast off? Where is he?

8:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keenans +1.

content please. slackers!

i'd say a family photo in Andy Gibb Memorial Lounge Onesies would even us up.

9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mer-you promised updates on Monday.
you're late!!!!! I need some Wee Z.
Carrie

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter