Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Halloween



I have been planning this costume for a while now. It started when Jesse told me we were not, under any circumstances, cutting Zach's hair. Soon after, Zach and I were shopping for some party essentials (the Fifties party, of course), when I saw this wig. The wig was AWESOME! More importantly, Zach didn't insist on pulling it off of his head. So, the situation was ripe for a Samson costume. Jesse was not in on this scheme - Zach and I put the whole thing together in secret.

This afternoon, Zach and I made our way to Jesse's office to meet the other moms and their well-dressed kiddos for a little trick-or-treating at Akin Gump. Zach didn't want to pose for the photo opp, preferring instead to chase down the girl in the ballerina costume and chew on my keys. So, these shots were the best we could get:




And yes, there was a handsome sword to complete this outfit. He was not interested in slaying any Philistines today.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Keenans said...

ahhhh...we're speechless

10:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The GREATEST costume EVER.
:) Carrie

9:19 AM

 
Blogger j.w.cohen said...

Zach...beware of the ballerina's charm. She will become envious of your glorious locks...and you know what comes next... snip, snip.

Keep on keeping it real, young man. Maybe you can send out some "Daddy" vibes to miss gabby. She's so close!

2:42 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

So cute. I love it.

7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a kickass conan the destroyer costume.

8:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the leather skirt/armor/whatever-it-is is just awesome! The wig I can believe, but finding that skirt was just unbelieveable!

7:05 PM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

Yes, how did you find that skirt? Hysterical! That is the most fantastic first baby Halloween costume ever.

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Cricket said...

is this some kind of destructive pay-it-forward for your viking princess costume? i think you need to post that little gem next to z's.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter