Dress-up
WeeZ has been an ever so good sport about all the wearisome tricks we put him up to. He has learned so many fun things lately, we can't help but encourage him to do them repetitively... perhaps even obsessively. For example, he has a charming way of whispering "da da da" or "ta ta ta" while he is busy playing. So, of course, we strategically position ourselves milla-distances away from his nose and do the same in the hopes that he will participate in a call and response. Unwillingly to engage in small talk with us, he mostly gives us the evil eye for interrupting his important business.
I, for one, hate to look the fool for talking to someone who is ignoring me so I just keep up the chatter til he responds out of exasperation. I can just hear him now... "Mom, STOOOP, I'm busy banging my toys. Leave me ALONE!"We try to break up all these lessons with some play. Like playing dress-up! I let WeeZ try on a shirt I wore on my first date with his dad. A lovely frock on a small boy, don't you think? Dad suggested we put a belt to cinch things up a bit, but I wouldn't hear of it. It's just precious how it hangs off his shoulder. (Check out all the hair, while you are at it!)

Martin and his mom came over yesterday and we all tried to escape the wicked heat with a dip in the pool. Will the summer EVER end? Poor child is starting to believe it's normal for it to be 98 at the end of September!


4 Comments:
Martin didn't want to get involved in the cross dressing or what? Looks like a fun play date. It's cooler than that in Bako. Up for a visit?
1:29 PM
It's always a good time with Party Marty. Dashing hats on both the lads!
8:48 AM
Meredith, I remember a game from our youth called "let's dress up the cats." Yes, they were extremely darling with their dresses and scarfs which made them look like Little House on the Prarie gals, but in the end, the kitties were traumatized. Are you sure Z is interested in playing dress up or is this just another form of the twisted self gratifying game of years past?
2:24 PM
Z actually doesn't look too traumatized by his sarong-thing. I think he looks rather jaunty and Martin's Hawaiian theme with hat is too cool. Great shot.
ZNana
1:22 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home