Home at Last

I left Zachary in the care of his father for a full 27 hours this weekend. To my recollection, dad has not had more than 3 hours alone with Zach to date. This was major. From what I have been told, Saturday was a funfilled day of manly activites, including walking through shops on South Congress Ave. Doesn't sound manly? Allow me to quote the manly explanation, "If I had known how many chicks wanna play with a cute baby, I would have borrowed someone's baby while I was still single!" Perhaps now that wisdom will be passed on for Zach's single days ahead.
Sunday did not go nearly as well. I will let Jesse give you the details when he gets a moment. At my end, I got a call around 1, asking when I would be home, because Zach had been crying for 2 hours. My poor sweet boy! Fortunately, I was close to home, and soon gave him all the cuddles and reassurance he demanded. My sweet baby was sobbing and shuddering, but soon calmed. It seems he didn't quite understand that when mommy said she was going to a bachelorette party, she would be gone for so very LONG!
My heart broke for those little sobs coming through the line. But there was something so rewarding about knowing he finally knows who I am and really misses me when I am gone. (I hope that doesn't mean his pain is my pleasure - that doesn't make me sound like a very nice mom, does it.)
We are above, happily reunited.


4 Comments:
From the horse's mouth, the sacrifice was surely appreciated. --B
1:36 PM
Oh, how sad. It is nice to know that you are loved though. In hindsight, perhaps you should have warmed up with a supervised Daddy Day first. I can't wait to hear Jesse's side of the story.
8:25 PM
I'm most concerned to see Jesse's face after the whole ordeal! He looks as if you've tortured the poor man!
3:51 PM
1) that kid's a scrapper. jesse's had plants that didn't make it 27 hours. 2) i think that's "jeff the drifter" and not jesse in the photo.
2:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home