Why my birthday this year is better than last year's...
Yesterday was my first birthday. I'm One!!! It was a monumental occasion for many reasons, but more importantly, it was SOOO much more fun than my birthday last year. Let me tell you the reasons why....
First, there were the accommodations. My birthday last year started in super cramped quarters. It was SO claustrophobia inducing, that I was willing to shove myself through a tunnel the size of a garden hose to get out. This year, I had all the room in the world!

Mom's mobile home

Second, there was the cutting... last year, my dad cut my precious cord. I panicked and shouted, "Abuse, ABUSE!!!" No one responded. This year, we just cut cake, and my only fear was that someone might steal one of my strawberries.

pat-a-cake

Then there were the physical restrictions... once on the other side of the garden hose, someone wrapped me up like a cheap frozen taquito for the next 3 months. This year, I am free to move in any old way I choose, including John Wayne style swagger.
Last year...
Upload Video at JussPress.com
This year...
Upload Video at JussPress.com
Fourth, the guests. Last year, there were a bunch of folks in robes and masks. This year, my birthday guests wore fun clothes, brought gifts and fed me food from their plates. They were so much cooler.

guests and gifts

Finally, and most importantly, there was bathtime. I love bathtime. Water, a few toys and an abundance of splashing, and I am in my element. I love bathtime. Last year, I got a crappy wipedown with a washcloth from some faceless nurse. But this year, Martin and the moms joined me. After my bath, me and Martin got to wriggle around naked in the bathroom. We smacked the toilet, picked at the floor tiles and practiced flushing the toilet. I was feeling so full of the spirit of being one, and how mature that sounds, that I decided to take a leak on the side of the tub while standing up. It was awesome. I got so caught up in the excitement, that I started to do something else standing up.... that didn't get quite so much cheering, but dad did sprint for a diaper at a speed never seen in a Weiss before. I got hit with a diaper before the $h*t hit the floor.

We're streaking to the quad!!!


10 Comments:
Happy 1st Birthday Z! I can't wait to see you swagger like John Wayne in a few weeks!
2:09 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, eating cake, getting presents, hanging out naked with your friends, peeing and whatever else on the floor . . . I'm a little confused by the Mom's mobile home picture though. Can somebody explain it to me? Was it taken sideways?
4:10 PM
Imagine you are hugely pregnant, holding a camera and looking down at where your toes should be...
4:35 PM
And I'm a little confused about the "garden hose" comment. Are we talking width, circumference, or length????? Please explain!!! -Stovy
6:27 PM
Happy Birthday you unbelievably cute swaggering streaker (:
9:48 PM
Happy Birthday, Z! You aren't so Wee anymore...
8:07 AM
Happy B-day Z, I like the video of you walking. You look more like a zombie than John Wayne though.
11:42 AM
http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4041619/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/
Maybe you should get one of these for Zachary!
4:14 PM
happy birthday Z!
do you have any idea how cool toilet paper looks coming off the spool? demand that your parents restock. i believe freud did a lot of work in this area, work your parents are both well aware of. you have rights my friend. i advise you to get a high powered attorney posthaste.
11:01 PM
Reading the birthday report made me laugh aloud, and then I thought, Good grief, I'm alone in a classroom with the door wide open! Children will come in to stare and point at this gray-haired man who laughs by himself. None did. Too bad.
6:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home