Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The evil subconcious at work...

Some of you may have thought it was a little strange that I dressed Zachary in a pleather skirt and a wig for Halloween. Funny; strange nonetheless. I didn't really think about what inspired me to dress him in such a period get-up, it just seemed like the right costume for him. My sister, with a superior and astute insight into my motivations, had no trouble deciphering the code of why I dress my son so: Halloween, 1977.

My own mother, as most of you know, is a tremendous artist. She has those 'ah-HA' moments of creativity all the time. (Whereas I have them once every ten years, and it usually has to do with shoes.) Anyway, she had one of those moments for my Halloween costume when I was 2 years old. She thought "Hey - wouldn't it be funny if Meredith was a Viking for Halloween?!" But she didn't have a Viking helmet, with the requisite horns. She DID have a couple of tin funnels and a whole lot of yarn. Out of this, the infamous Viking costume was born. I would swear, years later, that it was the most mortifying experience ever.



And so I say to you, dearest son, "Do unto your son as was done to you." Cause in 30 years, it's going to be REALLY funny!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Stovalls said...

Were you a Hawaiian Viking b/c it looks like you are wearing a coconut bra?!

10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so maude lebowski. you're so maude lebowski and you don't even know it.

10:44 PM

 
Blogger Nyla and Callie said...

Ahh, start saving for therapy now. Next you'll be sending little Z to school with his sprout sandwich wrapped in an old bread bag.

7:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the old Halloween pics...so fun! Are you brainstorming costume ideas for next year yet?

By the way, are the "Blood Peeps" links new? Just noticed them. Z has a pretty cool extended family!

5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Z if you need saving from your mom, let me know. Maybe I can distract her with pretty shoes while you crawl away. ;)

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter