Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Tale of Two Ducks


Zach loves his Duck. His Duck loves him. Zach sleeps curled on top of his Duck every evening. Naturally, we were a little concerned of the consequences that would befall us if we ever lost his Duck. So we bought 2 more. I gave him a nice, new, fresh duck, just to see what would happen. (Cruelty of the worst kind.) He regarded the duck with GREAT suspicion. After all, his beloved Duck has been through the wash at least a dozen times, has had his stinky beak chewed on for countless hours and has made one fatefull trip through the dryer. (Hence his current moniker, Dread Duck.) In his world, there is NO mistaking one duck for another.

We did a little desensitization, and he now accepts an alternate duck. But given his druthers, guess which he chooses.


"What - you want me to CHOOSE?"








"As if it isn't obvious which is the good one..."









"No thanks, no prize necessary. Just another nibble of this here stinky beak."

4 Comments:

Blogger The Stovalls said...

That is so cute. I wish Aden would love something - besides me!

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Andie said...

Better watch out. I still have my childhood lovey, Fred. After 30 years he looks a lot worse than Dread Duck. Good thing you have replacements. Fred got left places, run over by a car, and abused by a friend's mom who thought I was too old to have a lovey (the nerve!). As always, Zach is a doll. We can't wait to play with him. We will be in Austin June 12th to June 14th give or take a couple of days. I'm sure by then Zach will have dozens of interesting tricks to teach Michael!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger The Keenans said...

Cute - who wants something new, fluffy and smelling good anyway?

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would take the Dread Duck as well. Z knows what he is doing.

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter