Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A site devoted entirely to documenting and publishing the accomplishments of our son, Zachary Colin, so that family and friends may keep up on his progress from afar.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Birds


Zach has never seen a Christmas tree in our home. Neither have I, for that matter. But this year, I had ornaments aplenty, thanks to last year's post Christmas sales, and a brand spankin' new tree, thanks to the magic of plastic and wire technology. So I trussed that baby up just days after Thanksgiving, and got the family in the holiday spirit. Zach seemed enchanted by my choice of birds for a theme, and went round and round the tree, doling out loving pats to each. But it didn't occur to me that he really got the theme idea... Until a week passed, and one day I found him adding a couple decorations of his own -- the two DeeDees. Don't they look lovely on the tree? They make frequent daily stops, mid-flight, to take a breather and nestle down for a nap in the cozy branches of our plastic pine.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Stovalls said...

Z, way to help your mom out. Aden just keeps taking balls off of our tree. It hasn't occured to him to add balls to it.

1:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, so glad to see you back Zach. I think DD squared adds some character to that tree. I think you should talk your Dad into letting you put up Christmas lights next year :-)

- Austin

9:27 PM

 
Blogger ZParents said...

No lights.

- Dad

11:13 PM

 
Blogger VDV Family said...

Somehow, my comment from last week didn't make it. I still am impressed (even a week later) at his categorization skills. Nice themed tree Mere (:

9:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does Z have a pipe that blows bubbles to go with that natty sweater? or perhaps a corduroy jacket with leather elbow patches?

9:40 PM

 
Blogger The Stovalls said...

Z, so sad that I have to check your friends' blogs to see pics from your birthday!!!!! Where are you?

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Counter